/Specialists in the latest underwater technologies
You are here
Coda Octopus designs, manufactures, sells and support, systems and software for the marine survey industry. We are currently recruiting for the position of Electronics Engineer at our Edinburgh office. This position is full-time.
Ideally you will be qualified to degree level or equivalent and have a proven track record in electronic design and have a strong background in mathematics. You will be a talented ‘all-rounder’ with software and other engineering skills, and have the ability to work in a multi-disciplined design and development team. You will possess excellent interpersonal skills, have problem solving and creativity skills, honesty and integrity, an eagerness to learn and a high level of personal motivation, drive and energy.
Key requirements (some or all of the following) in a sonar products development environment:
- Digital systems design and integration
- FPGA/VHDL/Verilog design
- Microcontroller design and programming
- Embedded software development
- Analogue design including acoustic front-ends
- Digital Beamforming theory and implementation
Duties will include:
- Undertaking the feasibility, design, development, documentation and testing of the next generation of changes to the 4D sonar product line.
- Taking part in improvements and development of 4D sonar systems and related sub-systems
- Preparing information for the layout and/or manufacture of circuit boards and liaison with manufacturing department or sub-contract manufacturers.
- Ensuring that designs are tested in accordance with, and comply with requirement specifications, including taking an active role in analysis of faults or non-compliances, and presenting solutions to problems that may arise.
- Developing diagnostics tools for our sonar products and related sub-systems using appropriate toolsets such as Matlab.
- Be proactive regarding new designs and new technology that can be used in future developments.
Salary will be competitive and dependent on experience. Coda Octopus Products Ltd offers a competitive benefits package.
For further information about Coda Octopus Products Ltd please visit our website at www.codaoctopus.com.
If you feel you have the necessary qualities and qualifications to join our team then please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com explaining why this job is right for you.
Closing Date for this position is 10 March 2018.