/Specialists in the latest underwater technologies
You are here
Coda Octopus designs, manufactures, sells and support, systems and software for the marine survey industry. We are currently recruiting for the position of Mechanical Engineer at our Edinburgh office. This position is full-time and reports to the R&D Director but also liaises with the Production team.
You will be responsible for the design and development of the mechanical aspects of new products and enhancements to existing products. You will also be involved in prototype assemblies including electronic components and PCBs. Ideally you will be qualified to degree level or equivalent and have a proven track record in mechanical design. You will be a talented ‘all-rounder’ and be able to work in a multi-disciplined design and development team. You will possess excellent interpersonal skills, have problem solving and creativity skills, honesty and integrity, an eagerness to learn and a high level of personal motivation, drive and energy.
Key requirements include:
- Candidate must be qualified to Degree Level
- Recent Graduate with significant and relevant project experience or at least 2 years hands on experience
- Creative with can do attitude and love of technology
- Mechanical component/assembly design skills realising cost, safety, consistency and manufacturability constraints
- 3D design software experience, preferably Solidworks
- Material knowledge, ideally including subsea properties
- Assembly/hands-on experience of building prototypes including electronic sub-assemblies
- Good written communication and documentation skills
Duties will include:
- 3D Mechanical design of new products and components
- Undertakingassemblies of electronics and mechanical prototype and pre-production models.
- Develop, document and perform tests on pre-production models.
- Produce and assist in the refinement of pre-production products for the Company including both electronic and mechanical design modifications.
- Generate, and where necessary modify, 3D and 2D mechanical drawings for pre-production parts.
- To assist in the development of new procedures for the production products for the Company.
- Ensuring that designs are tested in accordance with, and comply with requirement specifications, including taking an active role in analysis of faults or non-compliances, and presenting solutions to problems that may arise.
Salary will be competitive and dependent on experience. Coda Octopus Products Ltd offers a competitive benefits package.
For further information about Coda Octopus Products Ltd please visit our website at .
If you feel you have the necessary qualities and qualifications to join our team then please send your CV and covering letter to explaining why this job is right for you. Closing Date for this position is 15 November 2018.