/Specialists in the latest underwater technologies
You are here
Coda Octopus Products Ltd
Coda Octopus designs, manufactures, sells and support, systems and software for the marine survey industry. We are currently recruiting for the position of Production Engineer at our Edinburgh office. This position is full-time and reports to the R&D Director but also considerably liaises with the Production team.
You will be responsible for ensuring prototype products move smoothly from the development team to the production team. Ideally you will be qualified to degree level or equivalent and have a proven track record in both electronic and mechanical design. You will be a talented ‘all-rounder’ and be able to work in a multi-disciplined design and development team. You will possess excellent interpersonal skills, have problem solving and creativity skills, honesty and integrity, an eagerness to learn and a high level of personal motivation, drive and energy.
Key requirements include:
- Electronic and mechanical assembly skills
- Fault finding skills to component level
- Experience in testing and diagnostics
- 3D design software experience, preferably Solidworks
- Good written communication and documentation skills
- Educated to Degree Level (Engineering)
Duties will include:
- Undertakingassemblies of electronics and mechanical prototype and pre-production models.
- Develop, document and perform tests on pre-production models.
- Produce and assist in the refinement of pre-production products for the Company including both electronic and mechanical design modifications.
- Generate, and where necessary modify, 3D and 2D mechanical drawings for pre-production parts.
- To assist in the development of new procedures for the production products for the Company.
- Ensuring that designs are tested in accordance with, and comply with requirement specifications, including taking an active role in analysis of faults or non-compliances, and presenting solutions to problems that may arise.
- Developing diagnostics tools for the new products and related sub-systems using appropriate toolsets such as Matlab.
- From time to time, work as part of the production team developing the Company’s products.
Salary will be competitive and dependent on experience. Coda Octopus Products Ltd offers a competitive benefits package.
For further information about Coda Octopus Products Ltd please visit our website at www.codaoctopus.com.
If you feel you have the necessary qualities and qualifications to join our team then please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why this job is right for you.
Closing Date for this position is 31 October, 2017.