/Specialists in the latest underwater technologies
You are here
/Purchasing and Logistics Assistant
Coda Octopus is a global leader and specialist in underwater technologies. We design equipment, software & innovative solutions for tasks including subsea surveys, marine construction, ROV operations, dredging and port security for customers in all parts of the globe.
We are seeking a recent school leaver to join us to work closely with our Purchasing and Logistics Manager. You will be trained in all aspects of the role and will take on a significant amount of the workload in due course.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Procurement of parts and supplies
- Inventory control
- Goods receiving
- Shipping of our equipment to UK and rest of the world
- Export control and dealing with customs queries
- Preparing quotations for repairs
- Reviewing Bill of Materials and their accuracies
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least 5 National 5’s (or equivalent) and 3 passes in Scottish Highers (or equivalent) which should ideally include English and Mathematics at both levels (B passes or above in these subjects at National 5 is a minimum requirement).
- Be a fast learner with an aptitude for mathematics.
- Be keen to learn and take on a varied and challenging role.
- Have strong organisation and time management skills.
- A good eye for detail, an ability to follow instructions and to work methodically are preferred.
- Be able to work and communicate effectively with all people regardless of background or level. In this role you will be communicating with suppliers and customer worldwide.
- An aptitude for spoken and written English is an advantage.
- Be comfortable using a variety of IT tools including MS Suite ad SAGE 200 (training will be provided).
This role is suitable for a recent school leaver.
The selected candidate will be trained and mentored so no prior experience in the field is required. However, if you have worked in either shipping/logistics or purchasing previously, this would be seen as an advantage.
For more information about Coda Octopus please visit our website:
If you think you have the right mix of skills and feel you would be an excellent candidate for the position please apply towith a covering letter explaining in detail your background, relevant experience and why you are the right fit for our organisation.
Applications should be submitted by 24 September 2018.