/Specialists in the latest underwater technologies
You are here
/Senior Systems Software Tester/QA
Coda Octopus designs, manufactures, sells and support, systems and software for the marine survey industry, construction and security industries.
We are currently recruiting for the position of Senior Systems Software Tester/QAat our Edinburgh office. This position is full-time.
Ideally you will have a BSc Hon's - First Class or 2:1 in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Maths and Computing, or other Engineering discipline. You will possess excellent interpersonal skills and must have the ability to work well within a team. You will have problem solving and creativity skills, honesty and integrity, an eagerness to learn and a high level of personal motivation, drive and energy. Previous experience of working within a software development team is essential.
This position is primarily a testing/QA role based within the R&D department although there will also be the opportunity of working directly with the Technical Support department.
Duties will include:
- Defining and reviewing test procedures and specifications
- Creating and executing tests on systems and software
- Defining and setting up test environments, including appropriate hardware, to represent real world tests
- Collaborating with other members of the development team to define areas and specifics of testing
- Reproducing reported issues
- Understanding the project lifecycle and deliverables
- Involvement in maintaining full awareness of testing technical developments including: testing methodologies; automated test tools and related software; and propagating awareness of technical developments throughout the technical team
- Creation of documentation such as user manuals, knowledge base articles, training material
- Involvement in shipping releases such as CD image creation, web site updating
Experience would ideally include:
- Applied knowledge of automated test frameworks and tools.
- Hands on experience with TFS/Test Manager.
- Experience of defining a test strategy to ensure system verification and validation including system bench marking and capture of usability measures.
- Implementation of a QA process to ensure product exceeds customer expectations.
Salary will be competitive and dependent on experience. Coda Octopus Products Ltd offers a competitive benefits package.
If you feel you have the necessary qualities and qualifications to join our team then please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 16th March 2018