/Specialists in the latest underwater technologies
You are here
/Software Development Project Manager
Coda Octopus Products Ltd
Competitive salary + benefits
Coda Octopus designs, manufactures, sells and support, systems and software for the marine survey industry.
We are currently recruiting for the full-time position of Software Development Project Manager at our Edinburgh office. You will be a technically strong manager with experience in software development project management in Agile/Scrum and Waterfall methodologies.
Ideally you will have a BSc Hon's - First Class or 2:1 in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Maths and Computing, or other Engineering discipline. You will possess excellent interpersonal skills and must have the ability to work well within a team. You will have problem solving and creativity skills, honesty and integrity, an eagerness to learn and a high level of personal motivation, drive and energy. Previous experience of working within a software development team is essential.
This position is based within the R&D department reporting to the Research and Development Director.
Duties will include:
- Defining project definitions, scope and deliverables, liaising with stakeholders and Domain Experts, managing expectations.
- Creating Project plans, managing and tracking projects including scheduling resources and creating cost estimates.
- Managing the day-to-day activities of development/test staff to ensure project schedules are on-time and on-budget.
- Maintaining and communicating project risk and issue logs.
- Making decisions and communicating trade-offs and risks, driving key decisions across multiple projects.
- Maintaining full awareness and implementation of best practice in project management.
- Performing project post-mortem analysis to drive incremental development process improvements.
- Coach and train project team members on Software Development processes and best practices.
Salary will be competitive and dependent on experience. Coda Octopus Products Ltd offers a competitive benefits package.
For further information about Coda Octopus Products Ltd please visit our website at www.codaoctopus.com.
If you feel you have the necessary qualities and qualifications to join our team then please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com explaining why this job is right for you.
Closing date is 3rd of November 2017.