/Specialists in the latest underwater technologies
You are here
/Systems Software Developer
Coda Octopus Products Ltd, Edinburgh
Competitive salary + benefits
Coda Octopus designs, manufactures, sells and support, systems and software for the marine- survey, construction and security industries.
We are seeking a Software Developer with at least 2 years’ experience.
Ideally you will have a BSc Hon's in any of the following disciplines: Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Maths and Computing, or other Engineering discipline and have demonstrable practical experience in Windows application development with C# and .NET.
The successful candidate will help to develop critical products for our clients, in a highly demanding and competitive market. This is a fantastic opportunity to engage in a positive and creative work environment that offers excellent benefits and rewards.
You will possess excellent interpersonal skills and must have the ability to communicate and work well within a team environment.
You will have excellent problem solving and creativity skills, honesty and integrity, an eagerness to learn and a high level of personal motivation, drive and energy. An understanding or previous experience of working within an agile software development team would be beneficial, although not essential.
Additional experience and interest of any of the following would be an advantage: 3D graphics including DirectX, virtual reality and gaming, image/signal processing, GIS, database development, real-time systems, and marine equipment.
Duties will include:
- Assist in defining product software requirements
- Define software technical specifications
- Develop software code that follows company coding standards
- Define software test procedures
- Perform debug and test cycles following the company’s quality procedures
- Interact with Test and Support teams as necessary
- Assist in defining hardware/software requirements for development, testing, validation, and production environments
- Work with a development team and communicate effectively
- Assist in creation of documentation such as user manuals, knowledge base articles, training material
Salary will be competitive and dependent on experience.
We offer a competitive benefits package.
If you feel you have the necessary qualities and qualifications to join our team then please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why this role is right for you. No Agencies.
Closing date for this position is 30 November 2017.