/Specialists in the latest underwater technologies
You are here
/Systems Software Tester / Technical Author
Coda Octopus designs, manufactures, sells and supports leading-edge systems and software for the global marine survey and related industries.
We are currently recruiting for the position of Systems Software Tester / Technical Author at our Edinburgh office.
Ideally you will have a BSc Hon's - First Class or 2:1 in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Maths and Computing, or other Engineering discipline. You will possess excellent interpersonal and written English skills and must have the ability to work well within a team. You will have problem solving and creativity skills, honesty and integrity, an eagerness to learn and a high level of personal motivation, drive and energy. Previous experience of working within a software development team would be beneficial, although not essential.
This position is primarily a testing role based within the R&D department, with an additional technical authoring role involving cooperation with the Technical Support department.
- Duties will include:
- Understanding the project lifecycle and deliverables
- Defining and reviewing test procedures and specifications
- Creating and executing tests on systems and software
- Defining and setting up test environments to represent a real world test
- Collaborating with other members of the development team to define areas and specifics of testing
- Reproducing reported issues
- Involvement in maintaining full awareness of testing technical developments including: testing methodologies; automated test tools and related software; and propagating awareness of technical developments throughout the technical team
- Creation of documentation such as user manuals, knowledge base articles, training material
- Involvement in shipping releases such as CD image creation and web site updating.
Salary will be competitive and dependent on experience. Coda Octopus Products Ltd offers a competitive benefits package.
If you feel you have the necessary qualities and qualifications to join our team then please send your CV and covering letter explaining why this job is right for you to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 31 January 2018.