/Specialists in the latest underwater technologies
You are here
One of our Coda Octopus' offices, Coda Octopus Products PTY Ltd, based in Fremantle, WA Australia, would like to introduce our new products and services that we can provide to assist you in your underwater inspection and maintenance activities for your dam, sluice, barrage, pipelines and other fresh and waste water structures.
We at Coda Octopus Products manufacture, sell and rent a unique 3D real time sonar, branded as the Echoscope®, which is used extensively worldwide for a wide variety of underwater applications. We can provide high definition XYZ point cloud georeferenced data for your underwater structures as well as observing maintenance operations (e.g. construction, dredging, diver movements) in real time. Our clients include 3 Gorges Dam, China; Water Corporation of WA; Panama Canal Authority; US Army Corps of Engineers; Chevron Australia; Shell Development Australia; Technip; Subsea 7; Fugro; UTEC; Lockheed Martin; FBI; NYPD; Boskalis; DEME; Van Oord – to name but a few.
It’s probably best to show you some images of data examples…
Dam Gates with Rip Rap:
Dam Gates with Rip Rap Zoom:
Hazard found in Lock Gate:
Section of Bridge Collapse Debris:
We have performed several dam, tidal barrage and sea defence inspections around the world. Here are some short video examples of vessel based marine infrastructure inspection. These are all playbacks of the live recorded data i.e. no post processing applied:
- Bridge Inspection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcXcGtm7_mc
- Harbour Wall Inspection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB_Q3Q5BcSk
- Lock Gate Inspection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POpOMknQaoc
We have recently performed a very successful inspection of an enclosed waste de-aeration chamber for the Water Corporation of WA and we are currently in discussion regarding inspecting the Ord River Dam in May. We see a bright future working with the local water corporation here and hence my contacting you to expand our range to the New Zealand Water Authorities.
Here is a picture of a small vessel installation that is suitable for inspection and survey. You can see that we can incorporate a combined Visual/Infrared camera with the same field of view as the Echoscope to enhance the inspection for above water asset.
In order to perform a surface based underwater inspection, you would normally require the following spread of equipment:
- Vessel with cabin and suitable power supply – Client supplied
- Over the side pole mount – Coda can supply if required
- C500 or Echoscope® system – Coda supplied
- Integrated Single Axis Rotator System – Coda Supplied
- Top side processing system – Coda Supplied
- F180 series GNSS aided Inertial Navigation System – Coda Supplied
- RTK Base station with radio modems – Client or Coda supplied.
- Sound Velocity Sensor – Client or Coda supplied
- Operator – Coda Supplied or we can train your staff
With regard to outputs, our software can map (mosaic) the data and perform 3D “binning” of the data to produce a regular gridded X,Y,Z point cloud ASCII data set. It is possible to import point cloud data into CAD packages, please see this article for example: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/AutoCAD-Core/files/GUID-C0C610D0-9784-4E87-A857-F17F1F7FEEBE-htm.html
It is also possible to import CAD DXF files into our software so that these can be displayed with the real time point cloud sonar data overlaid. This is recommended as it gives a lot of context to the data and anomalies can be immediately identified.
We can sell you the full equipment spread and train your staff to operate it or we can rent it to you as part of our service provision. If you decide to contract us to perform the service, we will typically supply the following deliverables:
- Cleaned, 3D Binned (Gridded) XYZ output files of your structures at a user definable resolution
- A copy of all acquired live data
- Volume rendered images of structures
- Dimension measurements of key features
- Free Time Limited Licences of our Survey Viewer Software to allow clients to view the data in our software.
- Post Project Report
For further info, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org